Monday, July 7, 2014

Cult beauty buys: worth the hype?



For this I thought I would consider some products which are classic staples in most beauty lovers collections and are raved about by everyone and their dog. The question is are they actually worth the hype or not? I have selected 4 products from my collection that absolutely everyone raves about and I will review them to consider if they live up the the esteem thrust upon them.

La Roche Posay - Effaclar Duo

This is an anti-blemish cream designed to control blemishes, reduce shine and unclog pores among other things. I bought this as I have always had problem skin and after reading all the amazing reviews I thought this could potentially be exactly what I needed. I have persevered with this for around 2 months now and I don't feel that it has made too much of a difference, I would say that it has helped to some extent to keep the spots at bay.

Bourjois - Magic Nail Polish Remover 

This is a true wonder product and I believe the first of its kind. This stuff removes nail polish in seconds and makes the whole experience of removing nail varnish a whole lot more enjoyable. There are quite a few dupes to this out on the market now, which I haven't personally tried but I would imagine they all do the same job. I think this is a staple in every beauty lovers stash.

NARS - Laguna Bronzer

I got this for Christmas last year and I must say that had it not been a present I probably wouldn't have splurged on this, but now that I own it I can honestly say I will buy this time and time again. To me this bronzer is perfect, there is a subtle shimmer which is just enough to give a glow yet it is matte enough to contour with. Although this is pricey I can most certainly understand why this is loved by so many.

Tangle Teezer

I actually bought this for my mum for Christmas and have stolen it from her (OOPS). This odd shaped device is fabulous it doesn't tug or hurt at all when brushing your hair no matter how matted.  The only issue I have with this is that it is not fantastic when your hair is really knotty, it kind of just brushes over them. Other than that I use this all the time and would never look back.

So there we are my opinion on some "cult" products, let me know if you own any of these and what you think of them. Or if you liked this post, then I could maybe create a mini series with this theme.

When this post goes up I will be sat in the sun sipping on a cocktail as I will be on holiday!!!

As always please follow me on bloglovin', instagram and twitter.

Until next time,

RebeccaAnn.








No comments:

Post a Comment