Monday, August 25, 2014

Battle of the Concealers



I'm back with another battle of as I haven't done one of these in a few months, if you want to check out the other ones in this series then I will link them all below.

Concealer is probably my favourite make up product as it masks all those pesky spots, dark circles, scars...the lot. There are a lot of different concealers on the market that all serve different purposes, and it can become quite confusing. So here I am to the rescue to hopefully help you find the concealer that suits you best. I will score each concealer out of 5 on: lasting power, coverage and blendability.




This has been my most recent concealer purchase as I was in desperate need of something to cover my blemishes after a major breakout. This stuff is seriously high coverage, the highest of all the ones I own and it really does a great job of hiding blemishes and redness. It has good lasting power, it fades slightly through the day but doesn't completely disappear. For application I apply this with the Real Techniques Detailer Brush, pinpointing the areas that need covering and blend it with the RT Deluxe Crease Brush, I find that this gives the most flawless finish. As it is MAC they have a huge shade range, so there will be a shade to suit all skin tones.

Lasting Power: 4/5
Coverage: 5/5
Blendability: 3/5



Okay, so mine is well loved to say the least. From new this comes with 2 shades, a pinky tone to hide dark circles, and a yellow tone for redness and blemishes, and to top it all off there is also a translucent setting powder. I think this has great lasting power, especially if you use the setting powder. I used up the pink toned concealer a while ago, but must have enjoyed it as I have scraped every last piece from it. The yellow toned one is amazing! It is super creamy so just melts into the skin, but still provides great coverage. I would highly recommend this for people who are looking for an all in one concealer.

Lasting Power: 4/5
Coverage: 4/5
Blendability: 5/5



This is a blogger favourite, it is so cheap yet so great. This is good enough to be used both under eyes and for blemishes. This is heavy enough to cover blemishes but light enough to not cake under the eyes, this stuff has a perfect consistency. If you pick this up you will not be disappointed, especially not for the price.

Lasting Power: 3/5
Coverage: 4/5
Blendability: 4/5



I treated myself to this in duty free and originally I didn't like it at all. I think it was due to my own ignorance, this is a CORRECTOR not a CONCEALER, so don't expect it to work like one. This has quite a sticky consistency, I find it best to use your finger as it warms the product up and just place this on the inner corner and it just brightens up the face. I have really grown to love this product.

Lasting Power: 4/5
Coverage: 3/5
Blendability: 4/5



I think this is supposed to be a dupe of Benefit's Bo-ing. This is really heavy coverage but for some reason I just cannot get along with this. It doesn't blend very well, and although it is heavy coverage I find the lack of blendability makes it look cakey.

Lasting Power: 3/5
Coverage: 3/5
Blendability: 1/5

So there it is, my battle of the concealers. If I had to pick just one it would probably be the Soap & Glory Kick-Ass Concealer as it is everything you could need and want all in one.

Hope this has helped some of you, if you enjoyed this then please follow me on Bloglovin' as it always puts a smile on my face.

Until next time,

RebeccaAnn.

Battle of the Liquid Eyeliner
Battle of the Mattes
Battle of the Foundations 




No comments:

Post a Comment