Thursday, February 6, 2014

E.L.F Haul


Hello All,

So not so long ago I received an e-mail from E.L.F offering £10 off when you spend £20 and it was an offer I couldn't refuse. This offer had ended now but if you sign up to their mailing list they send frequent offers. I have never tried anything from E.L.F before but I was intrigued to see what they were like, so thought this was the perfect opportunity.

All of the products are bargainous, with each product costing no more than £3.75 which is absolutely crazy!

I have been using these products for a while now so I can give my verdict on each of them.

Mineral eyeshadow primer - £3.00: This is a really nice creamy texture and glides nicely over the eye, giving a nice even texture. The only thing is I don't feel it provides much durability in making my eyeshadow stick for much longer than normal.

Brush cleaner - £3.75: I really like this, I am quite lazy with cleaning my brushes (oops) and so this is perfect for me. It smells really nice and is quick and easy yet effective. I will still give my brushes a good scrub with some Johnson's baby shampoo but this is great for day to day cleaning. 

Sharpener - £1.50: I bought this pretty much just to get my order over the £20 mark and it broke on its first use. Either I am heavy handed or this is just a crappy sharpener. 

Pressed powder 'light beige- £1.50 : this is a lot smaller than I expected but for £1.50 it's a reasonable size. I use the translucent pressed powder from Rimmel usually which is just a setting powder so I thought this powder would be good for when I needed a little extra colour. It's a good colour match. Which I was surprised about as it's always a guessing game online. Overall a nice enough powder for the price. 

HD blush 'superstar' - £3.75: I was really intrigued by this product, a blush with a pump? I had never seen something like this before. Its a really pretty pink but needs to be used sparingly otherwise rosey turns to clown (not a good look). I find that the pump always gives more product than required, which is slightly annoying but after a few goes I have begun to get used to it.

Studio Stipple Brush - £3.75: I had heard good things about E.L.F brushes and they are amazing value. I bought this one to go with the blush, I wish the bristles were slightly denser as for blending blusher this is slightly useless. I'm kind of on the fence with this brush and can't decide how I feel.

Lip primer and plumper - £3.75: I was most interested about the primer part of this double ended device. A product that would make my lipstick stay for longer, was a product I needed to try. For me it just accentuated any dry or cracked part of my lips and therefore a terrible base. The plumper end has a really strong cinnamon scent and wow is it tingly, even slightly painful. This was the product I was most excited to try and was the one I was most disappointed by.


My impression of E.L.F overall isn't fantastic. A lot of the products didn't live up to the expectations I had of them but for the price of these products maybe my expectations were too high. 

Let me know what you have bought from E.L.F and how you found it. 

Until next time, 

RebeccaAnn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment